We aim to deliver continuous improvements in our performance year on year
We believe that a commitment to the principles of corporate social responsibility (CSR) not only makes good business sense but also complements our core business strategy and corporate values, based on the following principles:
- To minimise the impact and maximise the benefits that our work has on the environment and people around us.
- To integrate our CSR considerations into all our business decisions.
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To review and to continually strive to improve our CSR performance.
In developing our strategy we aim to deliver gradual improvements in our performance, continuing to evolve as we learn lessons along the way. The development and implementation of this policy is the responsibility of TEC Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility Committee, chaired by CEO Charles Griffin. Our policy is defined by four key areas:
A sustainable environmental policy
TEC Group believes that its environmental policy is a clear demonstration of the business’s commitment to green issues; its aim being a reduction in the wider environmental impact of all our operations. Our commitment to a clear environmental policy is about more than creating specific targets to reduce harmful behaviour, it is a clear indication about the mindset of our business and our company culture.
Our approach will continue to evolve and will be monitored in order to track and measure our performance.
- Staying within environmental legislation
- Clearly defining environmental roles within our workforce
- Reducing wastage of both materials and energy within our businesses
- Structures for monitoring and reducing the company’s environmental impact
- Preventing incidents that could result in a liability